This section will help to prepare you for remote instruction by sharing means of communication designed to create class community, strengthen instructor presence, and improve student-to-student interaction.
By the end of this section you will be able to:
- Create and maintain class community in your remote environment
- Strengthen instructor presence.
For this section you will need:
- The CLOs for your course
- A pen or pencil
- Extra paper for notes
- The ability to print handouts
- alternatively, you can also use a word processing software (like Microsoft Word or OpenOffice)
- Webcam and headset/microphone if participating in Zoom
This section contains an introduction and 4 steps, below.
Maintaining active communication is essential in creating a sense of class community, reducing student uncertainty, and keeping students engaged in class activities. Student-to-student communication is crucial in creating and maintaining a comfortable and safe learning environment in which all students play an active role.