This section will help to prepare you for remote instruction by highlighting key areas to strengthen for equity and inclusion.
By the end of this section you will be able to:
- Create an academic environment in which all students can flourish.
- Integrate accessibility standards to create a remote experience available to all students.
For this section you will need:
- The CLOs for your course
- A pen or pencil
- Extra paper for notes
- The ability to print handouts
- alternatively, you can also use a word processing software (like Microsoft Word or OpenOffice)
- Webcam and headset/microphone if participating in Zoom
This section contains an introduction and 3 steps, below.
The subsequent homework activity provides an opportunity for you to act on the suggestions provided in the 3 steps and prepare for Section 4.
The students in our classes are diverse in terms of prior educational and life experiences, culture, gender, race, ethnicity, income and wealth, and abilities/disabilities. Our mission is to create a class environment that provides a productive educational experience for all students.